Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Nor'wester, Second Night

I was a little scared after my mom left to go to work today because it was still really noisy outside with the wind and the rain. I kept hearing crashes and I was afraid maybe it was trees and things. To make it worse, she couldn't leave the radio on like she usually does. But I went to sleep with all my loofa toys and my big otter beside me.

When my mom came home for dinner at 8 pm, she had to carry me out into the yard because the water outside the back door was too deep for me. She went out there with a flashlight so we could make sure I wouldn't drown. She told me she was going to put my life jacket on me next time! I think she was serious. After running around in the hurricane though, I was sleepy and I didn't wake up until she got home at 11:30. She works at the hospital and she said it was crazy there because they had generators running and lots of people couldn't get to work.

It was fun tonight though because we had candles everywhere and we sat on the couch with the quilt on us and she read a book and I played with my toys and chewed on rawhide. I will feel better when the wind and rain stop though.

No comments: