Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Nor'wester, Third Day

This morning it was really cold when we woke up and it's still raining and the wind is still blowing. I think my mom is getting a little worried about the flooding because the Chehalis River is rising very fast and it's close to our house. She said she is going to leave my life jacket on while she is at work so I can float up to the ceiling. I think she was kidding but I don't know. My cat brothers Carlos and Kato don't seem to care about any of this but I can tell my mom is nervous. She went to the grocery store this morning to try to get some water and canned food but it was closed and there were electric lines and trees down in the streets. She said everything in town is closed, even Wal-Mart!

It's funny to think 50 miles away in Olympia, life is normal. We were going to go there and stay at a motel on her days off tomorrow and Thursday but we don't have enough gas and there is no gas in town at all. Even gas stations as far away as Olympia are running out. So I guess we are stuck here. I am getting use to it though, but it is quiet without the radio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.