Monday, December 3, 2007

The Nor'wester, Second Day

When we woke up it was daylight but there were still no lights. The wind was even worse than last night and the rain was even harder. The streets are flooded and so is the yard. My mom says she can't take a shower or anything. She found a flashlight and got candles ready for tonight but then we went to Home Depot to see if we could find a lantern of some kind and some batteries for the flashlight. Even though Home Depot is very close to our house it was hard to get there because streets are flooded and there are trees across the road everywhere. There is even a tree lying across the railroad track. This is scary for a little person like me. My mom said not to worry though, we will be fine. But it is hard for me to go outside because the water outside the back door is getting very deep. My mom is about to leave for work so i hope I don't get too scared while she is gone.

No comments: