Thursday, March 15, 2007

My New Home

March 15
Now my name is Little DJ. I am 6 weeks old and I have human kids to play with and have a lot of fun with my dad DJ and my sort of puppy half sister Emmie Lou.

But today DJ and Emmie Lou’s mom put me in a box and then in a car and then on a boat called a ferry. She said I was going to my new home. I was really scared. I just went to sleep and hoped when I woke up it would have been a bad dream. But it wasn’t. We got off the ferry at a place called Mukilteo and there was a lady there who grabbed me and just started hugging me. She really seemed to like me a lot; she kept saying I was the cutest thing she had ever seen. It felt pretty good when she was cuddling me up against her. Maybe this won’t be so bad after all.

So then I said goodbye to DJ's mom and my little human brother and this lady put me in a box in her car and we went on a long ride. She told me she was my new mom. She talked to me a lot and left her finger poking through the door so I could smell her. Pretty soon I went to sleep. When I woke up, we were in a park in a place called Federal Way cause I had to go to the bathroom but she said we were not “home” yet. So then I got back in the box (she called it a carrier).

Then we got “home” and I met my new family. There is a huge furry thing she calls Carlos and there is something that moves really fast called Kato. I’m not quite sure what it is because it was just a blur. The Carlos thing seems friendly but he is so big. I wonder what he is. I don’t think he is a dog.

But I am so tired I am going to go to sleep. This nice lady has a big cage for me with a nice soft bed and a little pink blanket and some toys in it. There is a big brown thing in there that looks like a pillow, about 10 times bigger than me, and a cute little long pink bunny called a loofa. I am going to get in my bed and cuddle up against it and go to……….

No comments: