Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Eclipse

My mom was acting weird tonight. Usually she puts me to be around 1 in the morning (she gets home from work around 11:15 at night). But tonight she said she had to stay up late so I could too. Then at a little before 2 am, we were upstairs while she worked on the computer. Then she picked me up and held me at the window and told me to look at the moon. “someone took a bite out of it, was it you?” she asked. As if….

But I have to admit, it does look a little odd, it does look like someone took a bite out of it. It was probably Kato. She said it was called an eclipse and that in about an hour the whole moon would be dark but there would be a glowing ring around it. That sounds really cool. She said the last time she saw one was the night the Red Sox won the World Series (I have no idea what that means). She told me I could stay up a while later but I’m so tired she is going to put me to bed now. She said she was going to watch it until around 3:15 when it is in totality and then she will probably go to bed. But she also told me she had 2 cups of coffee at work so I bet she doesn’t go to bed at all. That means she will be really cranky tomorrow. Guess I had better be on my good behavior. Yawn.

No comments: